ADOP – EBS R12.2
ADOP – Applications DBA Online Patching Tool
ADOP: Oracle E-Business R12.2 introduced new patching mechanism that allow the application of patches while your environment is up and running which is called as Online patch.
The online patching cycle consists of a number of phases:
1) Prepare – Prepare the instance for patch application.
2) Apply – Apply patches (to the patch edition).
3) Finalize – Ready the instance for cutover.
4) Cutover – Make the patch edition the new run edition.
5) Cleanup – Drop obsolete objects and data from old editions.
Steps to apply patch on R12.2 using ADOP:
1) Download and unzip the patch, Before proceeding with patching activity please go through the patch radme.
2) Source the environment.
$ source <run APPL_TOP path>/APPS<CONTEXT_NAME>.env
3) Check the staus of adop using below command.
$ adop -status
4) Prepare the system for patching.
$ adop phase=prepare
5) Apply the patch to patch edition.
$ adop phase=apply patches=<patch number>
4) After patch has been applied successfully, Complete the below patch cycles.
$ adop phase=finalize
$ adop phase=cutover
$ adop phase=cleanup
5) Synchronize the file system, which copy the new run edition code and configuration to the patch file system.
$ adop phase=fs_clone